Oh yes…version 0.2.0 is launched. Here is the list of changes and new features:
- New action: Slice & dice & many more. I ran out of names. In Pixopedia 24 2.0, name for this stuff was “Masquerade”. This option is a set of actions for manipulating marked part of image by cloning, moving, rotating, resizing. Also, here you can copy image/selection to clipboard, paste from clipboard, crop, clear and many moooooreeeee. This part is still in development phase and it can be little buggy.
- New ornaments added: binary and trinary trees. Semiautomatic tree drawing. Tile drawing fully implemented.
- New shape added: spline. Spline was available through special shapes only, but now, it’s available through standard shapes. Depending on settings (new tab in setting form), hand-drawn polyline is simplified and then spline is drawn through set of simplified points. Very cool for those with shaky hands.
- New entry in Settings form: Polyline tab – polylines/polygons simplification parameters, spline options, etc…
- New blending modes added: StereoBW, StereoColor, StereoColorDubois, StereoEven, StereOdd, Luninosity 2.
- New tool added on the right pane: Autobrush settings. Autobrush shape is currently available only within Spreader action, so, beside free hand shape, spreader modes can be applied using autobrush shape.
- New tool button added: Paste image from clipboard.
- Changed tools grouping: Selection rules and Shadow are now packed together. Mask and contour are also packed together under Assistant objects panel.
- Stencils added as a new assistant object.
- New items added under selection shape: Copy to clipboard, copy to mask PLUS and copy to mask OVER.
- New item added in image tab popup menu: copy image to clipboard.
- Most important: complete program is ported to new platform and also, I’ve changed GUI a bit. Now it’s super-cool, OMG it’s awesome…and it can accommodate lower screen resolutions.
And the bad news is: download file is now 33MB, which is 10MB more then in previous version.
Update: While I was creating video news for my YouTube channel, I’ve detected a nasty error in Autobrush thread. Correction applied and new version 0.2.1 uploaded.
Update: Two more bugs detected (again while I was creating video): clear marker in “slice an dice…” action clears marker in all images. Also, after Quadrangle mode is selected under Warp action and changed to another mode, program throws an error. Bugs corrected and version 0.2.2 uploaded.
- Switched to WordPress
- New Paperology Entry